How to Apply
- Pick a program of study
- Complete the TCAT Application for Enrollment
- Some programs of study require additional application documents. Download, complete and submit any required documents listed under the programs of study below
Submit your application, program-specific application materials (if required), and vaccination letter to the Student Services Office at the address listed below
- Request official transcripts of education from high school, high-school equivalency or other colleges and universities
High school transcripts are available from your high school's counseling office
College and University transcripts are available at the insitutiton's records office
Official GED and HiSET requests can be obtained at https://www.diplomasender.com for the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming
If you have foreign transcripts you will need to provide an English translated version of your transcript and have your education evaluated through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The website for NACES can be found at: www.naces.org. We will need the English translated version of your transcripts to complete admissions requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, if applying for financial aid (this is required for TN Promise scholarship and the Wilder Naifeh grant)
Student Services Office-Main Campus
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Must have at least three (3) years experience and possess a valid Cosmotogist’s license.
Prerequisites for the instructor trainee certificate include a high school diploma and a current Cosmetology license with three years of experience as a cosmetologist.