The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology Covington/Ripley/Newbern invite applications for the position of Vice President of Workforce Development and Special Projects. The Vice President shall be responsible for executing a range of duties to expand workforce development initiatives throughout our service delivery area. Applicant must be a dynamic individual with excellent communication and computer skills. The Vice President reports directly to the President.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Newbern employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in post-secondary career and technical education or related business experience with supervisory responsibility required.
- Possess a proven track record of establishing productive external relationships with business and industry, experience negotiating agreements and knowledge of instructional techniques and processes.
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, human relations, communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Evidence of strong work ethic as it relates to decision making, timeliness of reporting, oversight of multiple on-going projects, and the ability to work with industry/employers.
- Evidence of successful administrative experience with accounting procedures, financials/budgets, capital maintenance and capital budget processes, accreditation, grant preparation, reporting, and oversight in an educational environment.
- Curriculum and technical program development experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel to schools, businesses and industries within the service delivery areas of Covington/Ripley/Newbern.
- Work closely with business and industry to develop special industry training and partnering opportunities.
- Establish relationships with industries and supervise special industry and special interest programs.
- Assist the President in planning, organizing, coordinating and supervising the activities related to campus operations, including, but not limited to, procurement, security, grounds and facilities.
- Active in workforce development and operations of Covington/Ripley/Newbern, institutional program and accreditation.
- Serve as liaison with workforce development agencies, TBR, industry, and others.
- Assist with accreditation efforts of the college and its programs.
- Write and submit grant proposals and oversight of grant projects, to include management of grant funds.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct instructional programs, curriculum development and serve as a program advisory board liaison.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the President.