Job TitleTruck Driving Instructor (Part-time)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for a part-time Truck Driving Instructor.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Newbern employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Candidates must have high school diploma.
- Must hold a valid commercial driver’s license in Tennessee with minimum of three years’ experience as over-the-road driver with exemplary record.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to organize and provide theoretical and practical instructional activities to enable students to obtain CDL.
- Teaching experience and State Certified Third-Party Examiner is preferred.
- The Truck Driving Instructor is responsible for teaching all phases of the program to include safety regulations, CDL regulations, traffic laws, road atlas and highway routes, instruments and cab controls, engine and air brake systems, adverse weather condition driving techniques, hazardous materials transportation, clutch, gear and transmission patterns, coupling and uncoupling trailers, obstacle course and backing procedures, defensive driving, and over-the-road driving experiences.
- Must maintain an active advisory committee and communicate with business and industry on a regular basis.
- Other duties include curriculum development and updates, student record keeping, student recruitment, placement and follow-up of program graduates, and program budgeting.