Job TitleTruck Driving Instructor (Part-Time)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for part-time, Day and Evening Truck Driving Instructors. This program offers certificates in the field of commercial truck driver education for truck driver trainees and continuing education for existing drivers, commercial driver’s license (CDL) testing, and driver placement assistance.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment to complete the TCAT Newbern employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Minimum of three years current truck driving experience, High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a current Class A CDL with good driving record
- Mandatory D.O.T. physical and drug testing guidelines apply
- Must have desire to teach and show evidence of teaching ability
- Must have good communication and organizational skills
- Must provide certification of Truck Driver training
- Must have ability to interact with adult students
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality
- Must possess computer skills
- Must have ability to complete reports/paperwork and meet deadlines
- The instructor should have the knowledge, training and ability to teach all phases of the truck driving curriculum in a post-secondary college setting. This includes theoretical and performance skills.
- Instruct, monitor, grade, and evaluate individual student’s progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Oversee and assist with managing preventative maintenance for truck fleet
- Develop and maintain a strong advisory committee.
- Other duties include professional development, student recruiting, job placement, and functioning as a liaison between business and industry.