Job TitlePractical Nursing Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for a Practical Nursing Instructor (Evening/Weekend); this is a full-time position, Monday-Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., and Saturday, 6:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Clinical hours will vary.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and TCAT Newbern application (available online https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment) to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern
Attn: Teresa Yates, Human Resource Office
340 Washington St.
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
“A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution”
Associate Degree in Nursing required. Must hold active licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee. Must have a minimum of three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period. Must have at least three years current clinical experience, BSN preferred. Teaching experience preferred.
- Develop course of study and conduct training program in specialty area.
- Confer with administration to gain knowledge and better understand changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
- Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
- Maintain student records and reports.
- Responsible for student placement and assist with student follow-up.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the schools general public.
- Participate in recruitment of students.
- Supervise students’ clinical experiences as scheduled.
- Actively seek potential clinical sites for the provision of clinical training.