The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for a part-time Student Support Office Assistant. This individual will be responsible for assisting with duties related to Students Services and the Business Office.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Newbern employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
- High school diploma or HiSET/GED required; Technical Diploma in related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of office work experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. Possess organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks as required.
- Experience using QuickBooks and Banner a plus.
- Greet and provide information to potential students and customers in person, by telephone, and electronically
- Assist the Student Services department with various clerical duties including HESI test scheduling, preparation of written documents, filing, faxing, copying, and data entry
- Assist the Business Office with accounting functions to include receipting payments in QuickBooks and Banner, balancing cash drawer and various other duties as assigned
- Distribute mail, faxes, and deliveries
- Reconcile bookstore inventory
- Assist with student recruitment efforts
- Serve as a primary contact for the Truck Driving Program
- Assist students with completing the FAFSA