Job TitleLead Student Services Coordinator
The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology Covington/Ripley/Newbern is accepting applications for a full-time Lead Student Services Coordinator. The Lead Student Services Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and leadership of the Student Services staff of Covington/Ripley/Newbern and responsible to the President for the efficient and effective operations of all aspects of the department which include: financial aid, student records, admissions/recruiting, counseling, and any applicable reporting. This position will be located at the TCAT Newbern main campus.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Newbern employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Three (3) years of current work experience in a post-secondary educational institution, TCAT experience preferred.
- Ability to counsel and provide high quality customer service to currently enrolled and prospective students.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective administrator.
- Supervisory experience and the ability to build and lead a cohesive and high functioning team.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
- Must possess exemplary computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Banner experience preferred.
- Responsible for managing Student Services personnel and all Student Services processes and functions.
- Oversees and participates in the compilation and submission of quarterly and annual reports.
- Works with the President and Vice President to coordinate student counseling programs ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Schedules the work of personnel assigned to Student Services to best utilize time and provide timely service to students.
- Oversees the bookstore process and act as a liaison between the institution and online bookstore personnel.
- Oversees the process of creating and updating all institutional marketing materials and program cost sheets.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of term award ceremonies and the annual College graduation.
- Facilitates College recruiting initiatives with the general public, as well as working with high schools in the service delivery area.
- Other duties as assigned by President and Vice President.