The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for the position of a full-time Project Director for the GIVE 2.0 Building Construction and Maintenance Grant. This is a grant funded position.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: A current résumé, completed TCAT Newbern employment application, transcripts and three references. TCAT employment application available at: https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment. Position will be open until filled. Send application packet to the following:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern,
340 Washington Street, Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Management, Leadership, or related field.
- At least three (3) years' professional experience.
- Passionate about technical education, career preparation, innovation, sustainability, the future of vocational training, and/or education.
- Grant experience a must.
- Organization, time management skills a plus.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate with a diverse group of students, business and industry, and community stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn new skills and be agile as work progresses.
- Manage all grants related to Building Construction, Industrial Maintenance, and Welding programs.
- Market and recruit for programs.
- Work with TCAT faculty and staff with initiating innovative, high quality programs for dual enrollment and traditional students within the grant coverage area.
- Identify and develop relationships with high schools, additional TCATs, community colleges and universities interested in developing partnerships and pathway opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison and single point of contact for community, industry, and educational partners.
- Manage the purchase of identified supplies and equipment to prepare classroom for program launch.
- Develop partnerships with area employers to provide work-based learning opportunities for students.
- Manage technology and equipment associated with program.
- Work with students to ensure graduates have a robust portfolio of work-based learning opportunities.
- Manage program budget to ensure all deliverables are being completed on time and within budget.
- Research and apply for applicable grant funding for programs.
- Manage all grant reporting and compliance requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by administration.