Job TitleFinancial Aid Specialist (Part-Time)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for a Part-Time Financial Aid Specialist for hours of 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Friday.
General Duties: Assist with FAFSA and other financial aid available to students. Input and maintain student financial aid data using Banner and Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge and abilities in typing, tax forms, completion of reports, accounting skills, and account reconciliations. Must possess exceptional customer service, organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to express ideas clearly, concisely, and convincingly. Ability to work evenings as needed to serve students.
Deadline: Applications can be downloaded from https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment. Position will be open until filled. Please mail/email the following: cover letter, resume, transcripts and TCAT Newbern application to:
TCAT Newbern - Attention: Teresa Yates, Human Resource Office
340 Washington Street, Newbern, TN 38059 * 731-627-2511 * firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
Technical degree required. AS Degree preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Assist with answering telephones and directing calls to appropriate personnel.
- Provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding all aspects of the financial aid process.
- Review student aid file to determine financial need and ensure aid is awarded according to Federal, State and Institutional regulations and policies.
- Perform verification of financial aid application data and resolve conflicting issues.
- Assist with processing terminations and Return of Title IV funds.
- Monitor and evaluate student Satisfactory Academic Progress to determine continued aid eligibility.
- Assist in reconciliation of Financial Aid Accounts monthly.
- Complete daily workflows in Banner.
- Scan and store financial aid documents using Banner Document Management System.
- Attend Federal and State workshops and conferences as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.