The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for the full-time position of Instructor in the Farming Operations Technology program at the Northwest Correctional Complex in Tiptonville, TN. This is a grant-funded position.
Application Process: Résumé with completed TCAT Newbern employment application required. Submissions missing either document will not be reviewed for the position. TCAT employment application available at: https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment. Submit TCAT employment application with résumé by mail to: Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern, Attn: Teresa Yates, 340 Washington Street, Newbern, TN 38059 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the agricultural instructional area.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in the agricultural field within the last five (5) years.
• Must possess a high degree of knowledge and agricultural expertise in all phases of LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION, CROP PRODUCTION, and PRECISION AGRICULTURE.
• Must possess a general knowledge of mechanical skills, general welding skills, basic electricity, and farm maintenance skills.
• Strong hands-on technical background in the field of instruction.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Farming Operations Technology Instructor at the Northwest Correctional Complex is responsible for instructing rehabilitation and correctional students in vocational training in order to prepare them to re-enter the job market in the manufacturing industry. The instructor must monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress, maintain student records, maintain appropriate documentation, and submit timely reports. The instructor must also maintain close communication with correctional personnel and TCAT Newbern administration. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to tour the Northwest Correctional Complex.
• Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
• Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public and business/industry representatives.