Job TitleCDL Third Party Examiner (Part-Time)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for a part-time, CDL Third Party Examiner. This examiner will administer a pre-trip skills test, basic controls test, and CDL road skills test for individuals wishing to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience according to the Tennessee Board of Regents and Tennessee College of Applied Technology guidelines.
Application Process: Send Cover Letter, Resume, Transcript, and TCAT Newbern application (available online at www.tcatnewbern.edu) to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern
Attn: Teresa Yates
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
- Minimum of three years current truck driving experience, High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a current Class A CDL with good driving record
- Mandatory D.O.T. physical and drug testing guidelines apply
- Must have good communication and organizational skills
- Must provide certification of Truck Driver training
- Must have ability to interact with adult students
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality
- Must possess computer skills
- Must have ability to complete reports/paperwork and meet deadlines
- Manage Third Party Testing
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State CDL statutes
- Development and implementation of tracking systems for testing
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Oversee and assist with managing preventative maintenance for truck fleet
- Develop and maintain a strong advisory committee.
- Other duties include professional development, student recruiting, job placement, and functioning as a liaison between business and industry.