Job TitleAdministrative Support Specialist
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for a full-time Administrative Support Specialist. The Administrative Support Specialist will work under the supervision of HR/Finance and the Lead Student Services Coordinator. The individual shall be responsible for assisting with duties related to Student Services and the Business Office.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Newbern employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- A.S. degree in Business/Accounting or Technical Diploma.
- Three (3) years of office work experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must possess organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks as required.
- Experience using QuickBooks and Banner a plus.
- Greet and provide information to potential students and customers in person, by telephone, and electronically.
- Assist the Student Services department with various clerical duties including HESI test scheduling, preparation of written documents, filing, faxing, copying, data entry, and scanning.
- Assist with the purchasing process by entering requisitions and managing the receipting process for items ordered.
- Assist with setting up Accounts Payable invoices to be paid in a timely manner.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable reports in Banner.
- Assist with preparing Accounts Receivable invoices.
- Distribute mail, faxes, and deliveries.
- Serve as a primary contact for the Truck Driving Program.
- Assist students with completing the FAFSA.
- Assist the Business Office with accounting functions such as receipting payments in QuickBooks, balancing accounts, and balancing cash drawer.
- Assist with the institution’s inventory process, including bookstore inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.