The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington/Ripley/Newbern is accepting applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant to the President. This position will be located at the Newbern Main Campus.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Newbern employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an office environment with significant responsibility.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience using multiple business software applications, including on-line record systems, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to tactfully communicate with employees and public at all levels.
- Ability to design and maintain record keeping systems.
- Ability to read and interpret policy manuals.
- Ability/willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Banner, Jaggaer, and other applicable systems.
- Tennessee Board of Regents experience and/or knowledge a plus.
- Excellent time management, critical thinking and organizational skills required.
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the TCAT Covington/Ripley/Newbern President. Duties under the TCAT President are recurring, and will include special projects, facility use scheduling and tracking, coordinating institutional advisory meetings, document preparation, and other duties as assigned. Many assignments will require multiple steps with varying guidelines. This position will require the ability to conduct independent research and to correctly discern the importance of information, experience dealing with multidisciplinary assignments where applicable rules differ and may be subject to interpretation. Knowledge of multiple areas and leadership experience is a must. Responsible for assisting in the reaffirmation and accreditation process for the institution. Travel to sister institutions will be required. Must be able to operate a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.