Fall 2020 Trimester Plan/Schedule
1. All programs will continue to be offered by Hybrid Instruction (Combination of Online, Remote, In-Person) beginning September 1, 2020.
2. Skills/Labs will be offered in small groups. Preference will be given to students who need skills/labs to complete, graduate, or by instructor request.
3. Faculty/Staff/ Student Questionnaires must be completed before entering the institution. If a "Yes" response is noted, faculty/staff/students must refrain from entering the institution and proper guidelines must be followed.
***Institutions will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and adjust as needed to prioritize safety.***
Required Safety Precautions for Students
- All students will be required to complete a student questionnaire before entering the institution.
- All students will be required to wear a mask on campus.
- All students must adhere to social distancing.
- All students must adhere to hand washing requirements.
- All students will wear mandatory protective equipment in lab areas.
- All students must adhere to all CDC and Department of Health guidelines.
Institution Safety Precautions
- Deep cleaning will be performed at all locations.
- Daily cleaning will occur throughout the day and after all student interactions from skills/labs training.
- All faculty and staff must adhere to social distancing.
- All faculty and staff must adhere to continual hand washing requirements.
- Protective equipment will be worn by all faculty and staff, when required.
- Faculty, staff, and students must wear their own mask. Each institution will have a supply of disposal mask and gloves for use, if needed.
What does this look like?
- Instructors will determine how many students can be accommodated in their classroom and lab areas per day
- Staggered schedules will be developed daily to accommodate instruction and training
- Assigned seating will be maintained and monitored
- Questionnaires will be completed by all faculty/staff/ students before entering campus
- Mask, social distancing, and handwashing/sanitizing will be required
We will ensure the following:
- Mask will be worn by all faculty, staff, and students
- No gathering
- Social Distancing
- Breaks are to be held outside or in personal zones (cars, etc.)
- Eating and Drinking will not be allowed in the classroom. Mask cannot be worn while eating or drinking, so breaks need to be given so students can comfortably eat or drink in personal zones.
COVID-19 Notifications and Responses
- Questionnaires will be completed daily by all faculty, staff, and students.
- If an answer of “yes” is selected on the questionnaire the following procedures will be followed;
If faculty, staff, or students test positive for COVID-19: the following procedures apply:
- 10-day quarantine or isolation (without symptoms)
- Contact students within 48 hours of exposure from infected students
- Known exposure is identified as having been in close contact within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 10 minutes of a confirmed positive case
- Case by case - exposed students will be allowed to go online to continue their studies
- COVID-19 Return to Campus Screening Tool will be used to monitor returning faculty/staff/students.
If faculty, staff, or students test for COVID-19 and are awaiting results:
- Must work or go online to continue their studies from home until negative diagnosis is confirmed.
TCAT Covington/Ripley/Newbern Safe Community Pledge
The College(s) believe strongly in the concept of education as a method for encouraging and maintaining a supportive and safe community. Each student, faculty, and staff member play an integral part in supporting core principles to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. While the institution can do its part in minimizing risk on campus, everyone must do their part to support efforts to minimize exposure and spread to peers and colleagues. By engaging in the on-campus community of the institution, you recognize all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Students, faculty, and staff can help keep our community healthy by being mindful of their actions and following the institutional/public health and safety protocols. As such, we ask each individual to pledge to take responsibility for your own health and help stop the spread of the COVID-19 by agreeing to the following pledge:
I understand I have a part to play in the fight against COVID-19 and commit to being a responsible member of the campus community. I pledge to uphold the TCAT Covington/Ripley/Newbern Safe Community Pledge every day by demonstrating personal integrity, respecting others, and supporting my college and local community by:
Following institutional/public health guidelines designed to protect myself and others
Limiting the size of gatherings in social situations in accordance with public health guidelines
Maintaining social distancing
Protecting myself and others in areas of campus and where distancing isn’t possible
Washing my hands frequently
Staying home if sick or if I have symptoms of COVID-19
Reporting to school officials if I have tested positive for COVID-19
Wearing an appropriate face mask and other protective equipment as directed by the college
Looking out for others and encourage their faithful commitment to the pledge
Youlanda Jones, President
Tennessee College of Applied Technology